Thursday, October 2, 2008

Book 2, Marion

It took me a long time to figure out that Marion wanted to paint watercolors. Once I figured that out, she and I spent many wonderful afternoons chatting and painting. She returned again and again to the image of the meadow with trees, hills, and a sunset sky.

I chose two to include in her book:



Detail of the opening page:



As we painted, she would quite often talk about the family picnics that they had, with all the brothers and sisters there. I wondered if the images were about the family picnics? Thus the title.

Her watercolors are reproduced with an Epson Stylus C88+ with DuraBrite Ultra ink; I wrote and printed the text with the Print Gocco; on Rives BFK; covered in Nepal Heavyweight.

7 1/16" square x 3/8" D
Edition of 20
$125, plus shipping & insurance $9

2 comments:

Catherine said...

All three books are brilliant...and regardless of a declining mind, the stories are always there. Wonderful work. Wish I could see them in person

Catherine/Illinois

fingerstothebone said...

catherine -- thank you for your comment. I learned a lot with this project, the main one being that even with hardly any memory at all, people can create amazing work based on what they do remember, AND they do have a tremendous amount of focus on the things that they remember. I'm looking forward to what happens next year, and the year after.