Monday, January 5, 2009

Relay Replay makes it in the Oregonian

Inara Verzemnieks of the Oregonian did this article on the Relay Replay books today. It's truly a wonderful write-up; I am thrilled. I also love the photographs by Motoya Nakamura, staff photographer at the Oregonian.

This was an interview that was scheduled way back, but due to the storms, we kept on having to reschedule it. So unfortunately, it didn't come out until today, and the show at the John Wilson Special Collections had already come down. But I'm happy to report that the Arts Center at Hillsboro, where Intersect/Parallel is at, is willing to add the Relay Replay books to that show, even though we're already part way through Intersect/Parallel.

I've heard from so many friends today, some of whom I hadn't heard from in ages, so that was a very nice side effect. And my artist friends are all impressed with the write-up, thrilled that she wrote a sensitive and very in-depth piece.

Inara really got it—there were things that, after the interview, I thought "oh, I should've mentioned that," but I decided to leave it alone and let her do what she does...and she did a great job! All the things that I didn't say, she connected.

1 comment:

Dr. Russ said...

Congratulations. The story IS beautifully written and the author certain did GET IT. Well done all around--russ